lunes, 18 de enero de 2016

RESEÑA: Everything, everything


Young Adult - Contemporary - Nicola Yoon - Penguin Random House UK 




My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.  









Opinion

Como segunda lectura de 2016 elegí Everything, everything de Nicola Yoon y es un libro que se puede describir como dulce; la edición es preciosa, las ilustraciones del interior son adorables y la historia en sí es muy tierna. Es un libro con una escritura sencilla pero que te llena y te envuelve en el universo de Maddy y Olly. Para aquellos que quieran animarse a leer en inglés este libro puede ser una buena opción. 

El libro nos adentra en un escenario poco común, Madeline tiene una enfermedad que afecta a su sistema inmune y nunca ha salido de casa ya que hacerlo sería su muerte. Sus días pasan en compañía de su madre y de su enfermera Carla. Pero un día llegan unos nuevos vecinos y desde su ventana Maddy no puede evitar mirar a Olly. Con Olly su mundo explota y nos encontramos con una historia llena de amor, de esperanza, de comprensión y perdón... 
El libro es muy original ya que en su lectura te vas encontrando con ilustraciones que te ayudan a vivir esta aventura junto a Maddy y ha sentir todo lo que ella siente por primera vez. 
Si tienes la oportunidad hazte con este libro y disfruta de esta tierna historia. 

My second book of 2016 has been Everything, everything by Nicola Yoon. This book share with us a sweet story, the edition is so beautiful and the drawings are adorable. The books is quite easy to read and can be a great option if you want to read in English.
Here you will find the story of Madeline, a teenager with a immune system disease that makes her unable to go outside; if she goes outside could be her death. She spends her days with her mum and her nurse Carla and all is alright till some new neighbors arrive. From her window she observes them and specially, Olly. With Olly all her world explodes and she start a new adventure. This is a book full of love, hope, kindness and forgiveness...
Is a very original, while you're reading you can find some drawrings that helps you to feel closer to Maddy.
If you have time, go to your bookstore and enjoy this cute and sweet story. 





¿Habéis leído el libro? ¿Que os ha parecido? // Have you read the book? Have you enjoyed it?
Angela xx




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario