domingo, 24 de julio de 2016

REVIEW: Everland

Sci-Fiction & Steampunk - Wendy Spinale - Scholastic Press - Everland -
London has been destroyed in a blitz of bombs and disease. The only ones who have survived are children, among them Gwen Darling and her siblings, Joanna and Mikey. They spend their nights scavenging and their days avoiding the ruthless Marauders -- the German army led by Captain Hanz Otto Oswald Kretschmer. Unsure if the virus has spread past England's borders but desperate to leave, Captain Hook hunts for a cure, which he thinks can be found in one of the survivors. He and his Marauders stalk the streets snatching children for experimentation. None ever return. Until the day they grab Joanna. As Gwen sets out to save her, she meets a daredevil boy named Pete. Pete offers the assistance of his gang of Lost Boys and the fierce sharpshooter Bella, who have all been living in a city hidden underground. But in a place where help has a steep price and every promise is bound by blood, it will cost Gwen. And are she, Pete, the Lost Boys, and Bella enough to outsmart Captain Hook?






The first thing that I have to say about this book is that is gorgeous! The cover is so beautiful and that was one of the reasons I put this book up on my TBR list. Also, a retelling of Peter Pan story? Well, I couldn't resist it. It's true that I have a bit of a blockage with this reading but wasn't because the book made me have it, was life who made me stop reading for a while 😩


When you start this book, you're brought to London. A London nearly destroyed after the attack of the Captain or also known as Hook. Hook is the son of the queen of Germany and I don't think you will be surprised if you read a book on which Germany and England are in war. But, as I was saying, he came to conquer England in a way to show his mother he is brilliant. He use the Horologia virus and nearly all the adults died. The few survivors are children and there is a mayority of boys there, the Lost Boys. In Everland you can find Peter, Gwen and the little Michael or Bella.We will follow them in their adventure, in their fight to survive and try to find the cure that only the Inmune has.
I found myself smiling everytime I recognised things from the original story, some quotes, some details like the pixie dust or the crocodiles.

Overall I have enjoyed this book and I will recommend you to read it. The end let you ready for the second book and with the hope of a better future.



⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Lots of love,
Angela xx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario